Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE SMTP Authentication & customize @-notification for password expired

Granit
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Could you help me with two issue:

* I can't find where to configure SMTP authentication?

* I’m trying to find the way how to customize the text below. It is for internal user that have access in VPN.

Strange that for one user which is disabled it’s still receive the same @

Subject: Password Expiration Reminder

Your network access password will expire on Tue Dec 25 16:10:47 CET 2018. Please contact your system administrator for assistance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
AS Nidhi said, you can tract this CSCuc97869 for your first question. Regarding the second question, you cannot customize that text nor can you stop ISE from sending those alerts even for a disabled account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SMTP authentication is not supported yet and being tracked in CSCuc97869 as an enhancement. 

For you second query, you can try using the highlighted option in the screenshot to send a custom message if account is disabled. 

accnt disable.png

Thanks Nidhi,

For second question I mean for another text not for this that you mention.

Your network access password will expire on Tue Dec 25 16:10:47 CET 2018. Please contact your system administrator for assistance 

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SMTP authentication is not supported yet and being tracked in CSCuc97869 as an enhancement. 

For you second query, you can try using the highlighted option in the screenshot to send a custom message if account is disabled. 

accnt disable.png

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
AS Nidhi said, you can tract this CSCuc97869 for your first question. Regarding the second question, you cannot customize that text nor can you stop ISE from sending those alerts even for a disabled account.