cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CoA port bounce vs CoA Session termination with Port Bounce

A.Manoj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All - I would like to understand the functionality of each CoA type available for a live session. The ISE live logs as wells as the tcpdump has specific CiscoAVpair messages associated to each type. Here are my findings,

CoA Session Reauthcommand=reauthenticate
CoA Session termination with Port Shutdown

command=disable-host-port

I would like to understand the functional difference between the CoA port bounce and CoA Session termination with Port Bounce as it has same CiscoAVPair attribute 'command=bounce-host-port'. When I attempt to do both CoA, it creates a new session for the endpoint.

Also it would be helpful if anyone explains the usage of CoA SAnet Session Query. Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This document should be self explanatory; note that some commands don't work in all environments, although not documented, but it's common sense. Like for example, bounce port will not work for a WiFi device, as there is no dedicate port to bounce.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/san/configuration/15-e/san-coa-supp.html

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: