Views
Helpful
Replies

Compliance module 3.x and 4.x question

AIN UL BADAR
Level 4
Level 4

Hello folks,

I ran into an issue where I'm checking for the latest/up-to-date windows patches using BMC Software Patch Management (Policy > Policy Elements > Condition > Patch Mgmt Condition) and latest Symantec Anti-Virus definitions ((Policy > Policy Elements > Condition > Anti-Virus Condition).

The problem is, patch management works with Compliance Module 4.x and Anti-Virus works with 3.x.

Question is:

[1] Do I have to create two separate AnyConnect Configuration files for Posture?

[2] I'm also deploying AnyConnect and Posture Modules throughout our organization, do I have to bundle both 3.x and 4.x version together with AnyConnect Client software and then deploy it on all the endpoints?

I'm just confused, how two different versions of Compliance modules will run together for different purposes (Patch management and AV).

Thank you

Ain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to use either 3.x or 4.x for your network.

anyconnect complaince module.png

If you are using 4.x then for antivirus you need to use antimalware condition

If you are using 3x. then you need to use antivirus condition.

Check below link (End-of-Life Dates for Legacy AnyConnect ISE Compliance Module 3.6.x.x and Earlier)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/bulletin-c25-739603.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You need to convert your AV compliance condition and requirement from 3.x version to anti malware which is AV check in version 4.x.
Then you deploy only version 4.x
You can't have both versions at the same time.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

pan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to use either 3.x or 4.x for your network.

anyconnect complaince module.png

If you are using 4.x then for antivirus you need to use antimalware condition

If you are using 3x. then you need to use antivirus condition.

Check below link (End-of-Life Dates for Legacy AnyConnect ISE Compliance Module 3.6.x.x and Earlier)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/bulletin-c25-739603.html

Thank you sir for helping me out. Appreciate it.

Ain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: