Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring ise

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

I am deploying ise 1.2.1.198 with wlc 5508 for guest web authentication but  redirection is not occuring and also clients are not getting dhcp.

I have not configured any switch for this deployment. (do I have to? )

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

can you share the authorization profile and policies? Take the configuration help from below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/115732-central-web-auth-00.html

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

check ACL on WLC "ACL-WEBAUTH_REDIRECT" configured for redirection

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you have to.

Ensure that you configure the switchport connected to the WLC as a trunk:

interface GigabitEthernet0/23
 description wlc
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport mode trunk

Also ensure that the VLANs used have the ip helper address pointing to the DHCP Server:

interface Vlan50
 description GUEST
 ip address 10.1.50.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 10.1.100.10

Whichever ACLs you reference on your ISE must exist on your WLC:

These are the first steps to proper redirection.

Be sure to check the Admin Guide for further guidance:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_13/b_ise_admin_guide_sample_chapter_0100001.html

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

I have managed to set up cisco ise  and redirection  is working fine  but my problem is to separate  guest traffic from the corporate traffic. Here is a brief scenario of what I have running

• Layer three switch has only fiber ports.
  • All the switches connect to the core switch(L3) and access points are distributed to all the switches that are in various parts of the building
  • WLC connects to the  core switch
  • Everything  is in the default vlan 1
  • The internal wlan is been authenticated by active directory in the DHCP server which is also providing dhcp services (this is before ise was introduced)
  • The ise server is the radius server

This is what I have been trying to do

• I have configured another vlan (20) for guest wlan and configured  a sub –interface on the router for it.
  • I have configured the router as the dhcp server for vlan 20 tested it and it is working fine
  • When I put guest wlan in the guest vlan on the controller, redirection seizes to occur even if I put the ise server in this vlan

Here are my questions

• Can I restrict guests from accessing my corporate network via an access-list?
  • Do I need to change the native vlan
  • Or what can I do to make this scenario work in such a way that the internal wlan is authenticated by the AD and the guest vlan is authenticated by ISE and restrict guests from accessing internal network

I have attached a picture of how my topology looks like.

Thanks