cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Csptive portal not opening in google Chrome

eperezb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team, i have a captive portal in ISE for the visitor network, but the portal does not display in google chrome, only in internet explorer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eperezb
Level 1
Level 1

change in google the trusted url part and this fixed my problem for now

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

tjezer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @eperezb 

Have you tried this access in how many clients?

Just for tshooting purpose, did you try:

- clear browsing data;

- change the security and privacy to "no protection"?

- Import the chain certificate as trust?

@tjezer , Thanks for answering, yes, I already tried all this, but in google chrome it stiill does not show the captive portal, even in mozilla firefox it works form me 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have provided no information for troubleshooting.

How to Ask The Community for Help 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've seen the same with Google Chrome. The only way I can get it to render the page is to import the certificate chain (e.g. the root cert) of the portal into the user/computer trusted root certificates or use a certificate issued by a well-known CA.

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

I have this issue as well, I do use a cert advertised by a well known CA,  Doesn't it with Firefox and Edge, need to get another device to test.

eperezb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a valid certificate, however for some reason it doesn't work with chrome either, the configuration that I have in the ISE captive portal is the default

Did you import the certificate chain on ISE (Administration > System > Certificate > Certificate Management > Trusted Certificate)?

Can you provide certificate details received on chrome?

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

I've just tested mine, with Edge, what I've noticed I have a Cert on a trusted Entrust CA, but the cert the browser is trying to open is the local server Cert not the guest-portal cert.

Under my System Certificates my PSN's have Guest Portal by Entrust, then default Portal Certificate Group by the company internal CA.

Is your browser opening the correct cert?

eperezb
Level 1
Level 1

change in google the trusted url part and this fixed my problem for now