cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Decommission of ISE

alinbaby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - We are planning to decommission the on-prem ISE nodes as we have migrated to VM. Please help me with the best practices guide.

Thanks,

Alin

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to plan this Migration, is the IP address same, you going to have same ISE version.

how big is the setup ? how many MNT/ PAN. PSN deployment ?

Look at the version and compatable :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/identity-services-engine/series.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

alinbaby
Level 1
Level 1

We are having 6 nodes in total (2 PAN, 2 PSN, 2 MnT). Migration to 2.7 is completed actually. I was looking for guide to decommission the previous 2.2 version 3495 appliance we had.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure if you will find what you are looking for, but have a peek here: Cisco Identity Services Engine - Cisco Identity Services Engine Ordering Guide - Cisco

Your best bet is to engage your Cisco reps as they should be able to help you with your request.

I was looking for guide on wiping the configurations etc in ISE and decommissioning it.

Hi @alinbaby 

please take a look at: Wipeout everything on the Cisco SNS-3495 running ISE 2.2 patch 14.

Hope this helps !!!

application reset-config ise  - you can use this command or re-image the ISE to wipe all the information.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help