Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Auto Update of AnyConnect Client - Cisco ISE

sreng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I would like to ask if anyone here has experienced disabling the auto-update of AnyConnect on Cisco ISE.
The idea here is that I would want my clients - some of them run the 4.9 and some to run 4.10 parallelly.

I would be really appreciated it if you could provide some insight into how we could do and configure it this way.

Thanks,
Sreng

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can disable by editing client config profile  -

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client/Profile/  (XML File)

check release notes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/release/notes/release-notes-anyconnect-4-9.html#ID-1454-000004f6

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi balaji,

Thanks for your solution on this.

Also, clients in my environment are running 4.9 and I want to upgrade them to 4.10 phase by phase (by the helpdesk team) through SCCM without the hassle of specifying AD group or sth like that.

The ultimate goal here is to have 2 CPP policies running parallelly, one with the result of AC 4.9 resource and another with 4.10 resource. So that, the Helpdesk can push 4.10 to any available group of clients whenever they could without involving ISE admin.

By doing so, the auto-update must be disabled otherwise all the 4.9 clients will update to 4.10.

Looking through your document provided, it seems like we have to manually modify the xml file on the client side.

Alternatively, is there any way we could achieve this on the ISE side?

Thanks,
Sreng

Is this all the clients connect to same ASA ? May be thinking you can do central push group wise using SCCM. (only certain clients by selecting).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi balaji,

All clients are connecting to the ISE cluster. We will push the 4.10 to clients via SCCM but the problem is with our ISE Client Provisioning policy.

There will be 2 CPP policies (ANY in the identity group condition, Windows, no other condition) each with 4.9 and another 4.10 as result.

Without disabling the auto-update, 4.9 clients will be updated automatically and we do not want that.

It would be really great if we could achieve this from ISE side without having to modify the xml file on the clients.

Thanks,
Sreng

Oron Yaniv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, have you found a solution?

i also want to disable ISE updates to clients.