cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does WLC 8510 supports the "Guest Originating URL" Feature with ISE 2.2/2.3?

musultan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Team,

We see that "Guest Originating URL" is supported for couple of the WLC's like WLC 2500/5508/5520/7500 but not for WLC 8510 as per the compatibility guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/compatibility/ise_sdt.html

if it is not supported on WLC 8510, what is the road-map for this feature and with which ISE version?

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks craig, from what I understand anything higher than 8.4 code this should be working regardless of the hardware platform.

I am working with wireless TME and our compat guide team to update this

From the defect

WLC type: 5508

WLC rev: 7.3.101.0

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is an ask for the wireless team since it’s up to them to implement and send us the url, our work is done

I don’t believe it relevant to the hardware but to the software version

i have reached out to our SME on this as well

Please update me if you get any more clue from SMEs on the road-map.

I think it’s simply a missing item on the compatibility chart

Most likely it’s supported since I believe it’s just supported by software version and not dependent on hardware

I will follow up and have updated but would recommend trying it out

Thanks craig, from what I understand anything higher than 8.4 code this should be working regardless of the hardware platform.

I am working with wireless TME and our compat guide team to update this

From the defect

WLC type: 5508

WLC rev: 7.3.101.0

Hello Jason,

Do we have any update on this ? Please advise.

Included you offline in the discussion, suggest getting a defect logged against the compatibility guide with that info

Any update on this? In November 2019 Compatibility list it's still not clear if version 8.4 and above will support it . I mean it say it will not. Is it still a lack of update?