Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP Renewal cert shows the issuer of this certificate could not found

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Team,

I have got EAP renewal certificate of our one of the client.

While checking the Certificate Path, it shows the Certificate Status as : The issuer of this certificate could not be found.

Will this impact any thing.. 

Shall i go ahead and renew it..

pls advise.

Enclose the picture of it for your reference.EAP.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @anilkumar.cisco 

You are looking from the perspective of the Windows PC only, and you should be validating this against ISE instead. if you click on a certificate in Windows, then Windows will tell you whether or not it can figure out the CA hierarchy. If you have installed the Root CA cert and any intermediate CA certs, then Windows will display the complete hierarchy.  You can do that on your Windows PC (add the missing Root and intermediate CA certs) and then delete the certs afterwards. I sometimes place them in the Trusted CA store for validation purposes only.

You can also use OpenSSL and do all this on the CLI. But in this case you also need the complete CA cert chain.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @anilkumar.cisco 

You are looking from the perspective of the Windows PC only, and you should be validating this against ISE instead. if you click on a certificate in Windows, then Windows will tell you whether or not it can figure out the CA hierarchy. If you have installed the Root CA cert and any intermediate CA certs, then Windows will display the complete hierarchy.  You can do that on your Windows PC (add the missing Root and intermediate CA certs) and then delete the certs afterwards. I sometimes place them in the Trusted CA store for validation purposes only.

You can also use OpenSSL and do all this on the CLI. But in this case you also need the complete CA cert chain.

great insight ..

Thanks for sharing..

++  5 points to you !!

Cheers..