Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint MAC address not shown in Endpoint Classification but it exist

rezaalikhani
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all;

I have a strange case in my ISE demo lab. I have an endpoint with "F0:BF:97:5B:0F:B4" MAC address. The switch that is connected to that endpoint is configured to use MAB method. Everything is OK and the endpoint is profiled using "Windows10-Workstation", as you can see below:

rezaalikhani_1-1683344482885.png

The problem is that, when I search for the endpoint in Endpoint Classification section, nothing related to the endpoint shown:

rezaalikhani_2-1683344583629.png

Now I want to import that endpoint using import functionality in the "Endpoint Classification" section. But:

rezaalikhani_3-1683344706080.png

I am using ISE 3.1 Patch6 in my lab...

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like the context visibility page is not in sync with the database. Are you able to view any endpoint on the context visibility? Also, check if PAN is able to resolve forward and reverse nslookup.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like the context visibility page is not in sync with the database. Are you able to view any endpoint on the context visibility? Also, check if PAN is able to resolve forward and reverse nslookup.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

As Nancy suggested, try to find that endpoint via the Menu  "Context Visibility > Endpoints" directly, since it seems the screenshot you have provided has an additional filter applied ("Anomalous Behavior")

DigiDen
Level 1
Level 1

Interestingly, I also have this issue, I cannot see the endpoint in either, "Endpoint Classification" or "Context Visibility - Endpoint"  If it is a sync issue with the database, what would the solution be? 

thiru.vel10
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure sw interface configured with do1q / NAC . After they search from endpoint visible context search tab . 

worked for me