cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Madura Malwatte
Enthusiast

Endpoints pie chart many devices showing as "misc"

I have noticed majority of a customers endpoints are showing as "misc" in the endpoints pie chart, see below:

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.26.13 am.jpg

What defines this "misc" category and where is this definition configured? If I look at these misc devices, for example some canon printers appear in "misc", and these printers have been profiled and match the 
EndPoint Policy Canon-Device. While on the other hand I have xerox printers that have been profiled as Endpoint Policy Xerox-Device show up in the "printers" category of the endpoints pie chart.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.36.07 am.jpg

So where does ISE define that a "Canon-Device" should fall into the "misc" category and a "Xerox-Device" fall into the "printers" category of the pie chart?? Is it in anyway tied to the default Logical Profiles that come pre-built with ISE? Say if Xerox-Device endpoint policy is assigned to the default "Printers" logical profile as well as a custom printers logical profile while "Canon-Device" is only assigned to the custom logical profile and not the default logical profile?

1 REPLY 1
Madura Malwatte
Enthusiast

Hi Team, any update on this?

Content for Community-Ad