Views
Helpful
Replies

Generating Reports ISE and Prime and DNA

SNGreene
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have seen a few questions about generating specific reports in ISE and Prime and DNAC. I wanted to get assistance with creating reports that I want for a any timeframe. Also, how to set these reports to generate regularly (example every 30 days)?

Looking to focus initially on wireless devices (APs), SSIDs, devices that have connected to these network devices. However, I would like to know how to generate reports for anything we need. Using any parameters I need.

Thank you for all your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All ISE reports are created under  ☰ > Operations > Reports.

Sounds like you want reports under

• Endpoints and Users

Have you looked at any to see if they meet your needs?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

SNGreene
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know how to create reports? Looking for Individual AP usage, usage by SSID or department, end user details (who connected, the device they used).

NiTech
Level 1
Level 1

In ISE ,you can filter the report based on the authorization rule or profile and put last 30 days .Once you get the result you can fetch csv or pdf format.

Same filter you can save and shedule based on your requirement. 

For the report go to operation-report-select endpoint authentication. 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All ISE reports are created under  ☰ > Operations > Reports.

Sounds like you want reports under

• Endpoints and Users

Have you looked at any to see if they meet your needs?

Thank you so much for replying. This is actually where I started. I am having a hard time customizing these to pull the information I'm specifically looking for:

• Top N Authentication by Network Device (I need all not just the top. We want to access APs that get the most and the least amount usage)
  • Top N Authentication by User (I need all not just the top. We need to see who's connecting and within the different agencies/department)
  • Top Authorizations by Endpoint (Looking to determine how many devices our clients are using to connect to the wireless network)
  • Top Authorizations by User (I need all not just the top by agency)

1) Usage of each access point

2) Usage by department/SSID

Is there way to do this analysis of our wireless network?

There is limited customisation supported by the built-in reports in ISE. If the built-in reports do not support the customisation you're looking for, you would either need to perform some level of manual correlation or send the relevant logs to an external system (like Splunk) via syslog and use that system to build reports, dashboards, etc.

The latter option is commonly used by customers to get exact information they need.

Awesome! Thank you. I will definitely use the ISE report options list and then turn to Splunk to build out the remaining requirements.