cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Ghost' ACS Users

joseph.kukis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of cleaning up our ACS DB, by using csutil -i and deleting users. I have one group that says "Group 98(29 Users)", but when I click the 'users in group' button on the group setup screen there are no users displayed, and if I use csutil -u to dump the list of users, it lists Group 98 but with no users under it.

I also have tried compact the database twice using csutil -q -d -n -l , and have had no luck.

Has anyone seen this or do you have any ideas on how I can delete these users that don't seem to be there?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure you backup the db first... then try this.

Edit the dump.txt and locate the groups with wrong number of users. Each group has a ###PROFILEN record (where N is 0 to 500).

The default group is profile 0 and so on.

You'll see a "User Count : " which should be a zero for groups with no users.

To double check things, search for references to that group. For example if it was profile 5 with the problem, search for "PROFILE: 5". This will find any users (shouldnt be any) that think they are still assigned to that group. is actually the TAB control character - csutil uses tabs as delimiters.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure you backup the db first... then try this.

Edit the dump.txt and locate the groups with wrong number of users. Each group has a ###PROFILEN record (where N is 0 to 500).

The default group is profile 0 and so on.

You'll see a "User Count : " which should be a zero for groups with no users.

To double check things, search for references to that group. For example if it was profile 5 with the problem, search for "PROFILE: 5". This will find any users (shouldnt be any) that think they are still assigned to that group. is actually the TAB control character - csutil uses tabs as delimiters.

Good luck!

Awesome, I did as you said, found where it was indicating the wrong number of users, changed it to '0', and reloaded the dump. Everything went smoothly.

Thanks a lot.

jhillend
Level 1
Level 1

The "csutil -q -d -n -l" call should have cleaned it up. Some have performed a full backup followed immediately by a full restore and that has helped. I recommend that you contact the TAC. They have some tools that might help.