Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest login in Cisco Packet Tracer

Hi everyone, I installed Cisco Packet Tracer and used as a guest some time. I've used all 3/3 saves. Now I need to save my project, which I started as a guest. I created netcad account, but I don't see the way to save it without reopen it and log in as a user. The question is can I log in and save my project? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

onezeros
Level 1
Level 1

You need NetAcad credentials to use the Packet tracer as a user.

Step 1: Create an email account or try using your existing email.

Step 2: Use the email address to create a NetAcad account.

Step 3: Use the NetAcad account credentials (user name or email address along with the password) next time it asks for user name  and password

Use the below video guide for a more clear answer. Then you can save a file any time you want.

https://youtu.be/TRRQZub6idw

View solution in original post

This video shows how to download and install the Cisco Packet Tracer without the guest login Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/c/OneZeroS10/?sub_confirmation=1 To access the full features of Packet Tracer, you need to have a NetAcad account. This Video will guide you to use your existing Gmail ...
6 Replies 6

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.netacad.com/portal/resources/packet-tracer  says

Packet Tracer requires authentication to unlock the full functionality. Users that do not authenticate with their login and password will not be able to save work after three complimentary saves.

image.png

It also tells you this before you use it for the first time:

image.png

Try it and see what happens. You may lose your last changes but should be able to open your last one from your samples folder.

onezeros
Level 1
Level 1

You need NetAcad credentials to use the Packet tracer as a user.

Step 1: Create an email account or try using your existing email.

Step 2: Use the email address to create a NetAcad account.

Step 3: Use the NetAcad account credentials (user name or email address along with the password) next time it asks for user name  and password

Use the below video guide for a more clear answer. Then you can save a file any time you want.

https://youtu.be/TRRQZub6idw

This video shows how to download and install the Cisco Packet Tracer without the guest login Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/c/OneZeroS10/?sub_confirmation=1 To access the full features of Packet Tracer, you need to have a NetAcad account. This Video will guide you to use your existing Gmail ...

You need to subscribe a free course (or not free) to create netacad account.

d_
Level 1
Level 1

But how do I add my netcad credentials to an already started guest session? My file will be lost...

jaydhani.42
Level 1
Level 1

I am more than 1 year late , but i found a solution to this problem. It is unfortunate i would not be the accepted answer of this question , but i hope that people looking for solution to this problem will be fortunate enough to scroll down this page deep enough to see this answer.

image.png

So if you login with guest account , created a huge project , and forgot you reached your guest limit , and for unknown reason the app does not give you a way to login to remove the guest account , and then you thought you hit an unfortunate fate where you must exit the app and delete your huge project in order to reopen the app to login with account and recreate your huge project from SCRATCH , contemplating life in the process ........

Don't worry ! i have a work around to this problem:     

1. Just run the packet tracer again without exiting the previous packet tracer . Now you have 3 window , 1 is your huge project , 1 is empty project , and 1 is the login page . 

image.png

2. Login your account in the window in the login page.

3. Done ! The window will be closed once you logged in , and now you have two window , 1 is your huge project , and 1 is empty project.

image.png

4. Then you try to save on the window with your huge project...... just for the guest save limit popup to appear again. To solve this , select EVERYTHING in your huge project , press Ctrl+C in your keyboard to copy your selection (or go to Edit -> Copy) .

image.png

5. Go to the empty project window and press Ctrl+V in your keyboard to paste what you just copied (or go to Edit > Paste)

image.png

6. Now you have two window which contains your huge project !!! One window is logged in as guest which cannot save , and the other is window with logged in account which you can save . After pasting your huge project , check if there is any error , and fix it . If there is no error anymore , you can now safely exit the window that is logged in as guest account since you no longer need it, then save your project in the window with logged in account.

image.png

Definitely not me who spent more than 45 minutes to write this in midnight . Seriously , i still cannot understand why can't we re-login after logging in as guest ??

Thank you so much for the help!