Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Alarm

OrkhanRustamli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have 2 ISE. First is Primary for Admin and Monitoring. Other services such as Identity, SXP, Profiler etc are enabled on both of them. Switches and WLC point for first one as first authentication server however only 50-60 active clients so far. Both of them are physical servers.

Last 2 weeks I started to get regular (with 1 or 2 hours interval) alarms telling:

The ISE system is experiencing high load average.The load average number represents the average system load over a 5-minute period.A load average of 8.00 is 100% CPU utilization on 8-core box. This alarm will be triggered when the load average is above the number of processors available on your system.

I am not sure but I think dot1x session should not be a problem because I do not have a lot of active clients. From SXP side second PSN is used.

Capture.PNG

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is pretty high for your environment. I suggest opening a TAC SR to investigate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is pretty high for your environment. I suggest opening a TAC SR to investigate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: