Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I enable flash for ISE 2.1?

I am attempting to upgrade my ISE 2.1 environment and am trying to backup my configs.  This is what I see:

KeithCarmon10459_0-1696255320001.png

Is there anything I can do to get the gui working?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.electronicshub.org/which-browsers-support-flash/#:~:text=Most%20of%20the%20popular%20web,Safari%20do%20NOT%20support%20Flash.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

At this point it would be better to just start fresh on 3.2.  The policy engine, licensing, VM requirements, etc have changed DASTRICALLY since 2.1.  Converting your existing policy sets will lead to a mess.

Our ISE went down and we are trying to get them backup.  Cisco will not support until we get to 3.0 so that what I am trying to get to.

Got the file copied to repository.  Now download is failing:

KeithCarmon10459_0-1696269167106.png

ideas?

@KeithCarmon10459 I would suggest taking the approach of backup and restore. First, install ISE 2.6 from ISE 2.6 installation ISO or import from ISE 2.6 OVA and apply ISE 2.6 Patch 12. Take an ISE configuration backup of your ISE 2.1 and restore the backup to the ISE 2.6 Patch 12.

Similar to Milos, I keep an old Windows 7 VM with older browser and flash installed to access older ISE release and CIMC.

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @KeithCarmon10459,

You can try and find old portable Firefox versions with Flash. I have it, but not sure from where I've got it. I'm using it when necessary (e.g. old CIMC, old ISE, and similar), and it works fine.

However, I fully agree with @ahollifield - you should do clean install of ISE v3.2 and do manual reconfiguration of policies there, as upgrade is messy.

Kind regards,

Milos