Views
Helpful
Replies

How to count concurrent session on Cisco ISE

jewfcb001
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All ,

I see the document about concurrent session but I'm confuse about this If I have Base License 2500 License I think can handle 2500 User and 2500 concurrent session or not . 

test4.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A session in ISE is based on RADIUS Accounting Start & Stop status messages from the network access device as defined in RFC2866. A session would be created per unique endpoint actively authorized on the network by ISE. A single user may have more than one active endpoint (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.) or none at all (IP Phone in a lobby).

You may see concurrent / active sessions in ISE under Operations > RADIUS > Live Sessions

And since you appear to be concerned with Licensing you may see your License consumption based on active sessions in the Licensing screen Administration > System > Licensing.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you 2500 it will handle as expected ( even unofficially it does more,) you only see compliance issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi 

Hi Balaji 

You mean We can handle session more than purchase license or not (unofficially) But the true way must purchase base license depend on the real users . Can you explain count concurrent session ? In this I use SSL VPN for authentication . I think if in this case message radius authentication success it's count session to 1 session or not . and can we detect threshold  of reach maximum license ? 

Thank you for advise.

as per my comment related to device administration.

as per the VPN, you need to have based on the user count.

Can you explain count concurrent session ? 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-blogs/how-to-see-concurrent-session-on-cisco-ise/ba-p/4144937

BB

@balaji.bandi 

Hi Balaji 

Thank you for information . I have a small question If the customer reach maximum license what happen after the license max limit ? 

VPN any client may have have issue, but device admin works as expected.

BB

Hi,

They will report out-of-compliance messages in ISE but still new sessions
will be accepted. You need to contact your account manager to get
additional information if this message is consistent.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

@Mohammed al Baqari 

Thank you for information . 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A session in ISE is based on RADIUS Accounting Start & Stop status messages from the network access device as defined in RFC2866. A session would be created per unique endpoint actively authorized on the network by ISE. A single user may have more than one active endpoint (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.) or none at all (IP Phone in a lobby).

You may see concurrent / active sessions in ISE under Operations > RADIUS > Live Sessions

And since you appear to be concerned with Licensing you may see your License consumption based on active sessions in the Licensing screen Administration > System > Licensing.