cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create an Authorization Policy Rule in ISE 2.4.0.357?

kapkale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I found one old document where it was stated that,

"Creating an Authorization Policy Rule in ISE

To create an authorization policy rule, follow these steps:

Step 1: Choose Policy > Authorization.

Step 2: From the Authorization Policy page, select First matched rules apply or Multiple matched rule applies."

Step 3: Click on Exception. Choose Insert New Rule Above from the Actions drop-down list.

Create a rule which would be used for Cisco PI User login.

Step 4: Enter a name for the rule in the Rule Name text box.

Step 5: Choose the required identity group from the Identity Groups drop-down list.

Example, choose CiscoPI-Conf Managers.

I am not able to find any similar option in ISE 2.4.0.357. How to create Authorization Policy Rule in ISE? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a section in the ISE 2.4 admin guide that covers configuring authorizations rules.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_24/b_ise_admin_guide_24_new_chapter_010010.html#task_643063C095B745A09BFA98C3CAA22DA3

It goes quite deep but covers the 12 primary steps of creating a new authorization rule. It's a little long so I won't copy and paste it here.

As a visual person, it looks like this, usually clicking the gear on the right is most useful, and adding a new rule above or below.  

authz.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a section in the ISE 2.4 admin guide that covers configuring authorizations rules.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_24/b_ise_admin_guide_24_new_chapter_010010.html#task_643063C095B745A09BFA98C3CAA22DA3

It goes quite deep but covers the 12 primary steps of creating a new authorization rule. It's a little long so I won't copy and paste it here.

As a visual person, it looks like this, usually clicking the gear on the right is most useful, and adding a new rule above or below.  

authz.png