cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to have certain IP/Computer Bypass all Umbrella Policies?

MagicMatthew777
Level 1
Level 1

How would I go about doing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MagicMatthew777
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to answer my own question since I know others will need it in the future. this is tested and working as of 2/4/2020. I have been able to whitelist certain computers using this method allowing all websites to be visited with given policies. 

1. Download Roaming Client from your Umbrella Interface (Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers)
  2. Install Super ORCA - Edit the Package with your networks config options provided in the .ZIP
  3. Deploy package VIA GPO
  4. Create Unblock or Custom Tag and Apply it to the devices that you want to unblock or whitelist inside your Umbrella Interface
  5. Create New Policy that has different/desired settings than the default policy.
  6. Apply the New Policy to the tags you created and applied in step 4
  7. Create new Content Settings\Block List and Apply it to this new Policy
  8. Save the policy.

You may need to run a reboot command after installing the Roaming Client on your Clients' Workstations.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you check Block page bypass? You can add users to it and it will allow users to bypass the pages that are blocked by your policies. 

https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/230904528-Setting-up-a-user-with-a-Block-Page-Bypass-BPB-role

Yea - Too bad my users can't bypass unless I set shortcuts on their Chrome browser to ignore certificates. I am very close to just getting rid of Umbrella since it doesnt even allow people to bypass or allow me to set which users to block, and which ones to allow.

This is not the answer - I need to unblock certain computers from getting ANY blocked pages.

good to hear that you figure it out and apologize for misinterpreting your question :)

MagicMatthew777
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to answer my own question since I know others will need it in the future. this is tested and working as of 2/4/2020. I have been able to whitelist certain computers using this method allowing all websites to be visited with given policies. 

1. Download Roaming Client from your Umbrella Interface (Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers)
  2. Install Super ORCA - Edit the Package with your networks config options provided in the .ZIP
  3. Deploy package VIA GPO
  4. Create Unblock or Custom Tag and Apply it to the devices that you want to unblock or whitelist inside your Umbrella Interface
  5. Create New Policy that has different/desired settings than the default policy.
  6. Apply the New Policy to the tags you created and applied in step 4
  7. Create new Content Settings\Block List and Apply it to this new Policy
  8. Save the policy.

You may need to run a reboot command after installing the Roaming Client on your Clients' Workstations.

Hope this helps!