cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to include Custom field content in Approval Request Email?

geeyc5113
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, I have tried to follow the following link to hide the existing "company" field and create a custom field name "Company name".

ISE custom sponsor portal using API to filter pending accounts requiring approval to the person being visited

From the "page source", i saw that the custom field ID for "company" is "ui_company_name_text".

I try to include this new field to show up in the approval request email by using $ui_company_name_text$, some how the email that the sponsor received is just showing this $ui_company_name_text$ but not the content that the guest key in during registration.

Is there any possibility that i can show it in the approval request email?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I just opened a ticket with TAC on this exact same issue. We need the approval email to include "ui_badge_number" especially with 2.2 allowing you to approve via email. I was told today by the engineer "So after doing some research it seems this feature does not yet exist in ISE.  An enhancement request was filed back in 1.3 to support custom field variables in notification messages.  It seems it is still a work in progress. In my 2.2 node I tried to see if there was a way to implement this but it seems the mechanism is still not there.  All I can do at this point is attach the enhancement request to the case, CSCuu71667"

Maybe someone has some magic that will make this work?

View solution in original post

There is no change with regards to this. Please reach out to our product managers at http://cs.co/ise-feedback and reference this enhancement CSCuu71667

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So you created a new custom field, did you try to use an existing field and make sure that worked?

Yes.  The existing field work.  I can simply add in any existing field ID into the approval request email.  The email will show out the content key in during guest registration.  But not for custom field.  Any idea how to display custom field content?

I just opened a ticket with TAC on this exact same issue. We need the approval email to include "ui_badge_number" especially with 2.2 allowing you to approve via email. I was told today by the engineer "So after doing some research it seems this feature does not yet exist in ISE.  An enhancement request was filed back in 1.3 to support custom field variables in notification messages.  It seems it is still a work in progress. In my 2.2 node I tried to see if there was a way to implement this but it seems the mechanism is still not there.  All I can do at this point is attach the enhancement request to the case, CSCuu71667"

Maybe someone has some magic that will make this work?

Right I will get this over to our PM team

There is no option in ISE 2.3 also please let me know any option in 2.4 or above version

There is no change with regards to this. Please reach out to our product managers at http://cs.co/ise-feedback and reference this enhancement CSCuu71667

We are running into the same issue with ISE 2.7. Does anyone one know if this has been fixed in the later versions?