Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Manage BYOD registered devices ?

kareali@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

currently we are running ISE version 1.4 and the customer asked about how we can manage registered devices ?

for example how an admin can see the registered devices per user ? how an admin can manage these devices by renaming it or deleting it ?

can we have a portal which manages all registered devices with a super account who has a privilege on these devices ?

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For ISE 1.4, an ISE admin user may filter on "Portal User" to see the endpoints associated with it.

As to updating an endpoint, use the ISE admin web portal to update the description, the static group assignment, and the static profile policy assignment. Additionally, ISE has External RESTful Services (ERS) for endpoints to allow additional operations.

ISE 1.4 Patch 3 has added an enhancement to allow endpoint filtering on ISE admin RBAC. See CSCuu86352.

Hello,

thanks for your help but what do you mean by filtering on "portal user" ? how i can do it ?

also i think you didn't get what i mean . i mean if there is a way to check endpoints registered to a user in a proper way like web portal for admins like sponsors portal but for BYOD registered devices

Here is a filtering example on Portal User:

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 12.41.14 PM.png

Nope, ISE has no equivalent of "sponsor" portals for endpoints. On the other hand, it's possible for customers or integrators to use ISE ERS for endpoints to build a web portal for that purpose.