cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible that PID: R-ISE-VM-K9 migrate to the PID:R-ISE-VMM-K9?

ach3452002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , Everyone

The EoS/EoL information for R-ISE-VM-K9 is announced by Cisco.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/eos-eol-notice-c51-741254.html

And it will be EoL on February 28, 2022.

But the document describe the Replacement Product Part Number is "R-ISE-VMM-K9="

I would like to know is it possible that PID [R-ISE-VM-K9] migrate to the PID [R-ISE-VMM-K9]?

So that I can renew Service Contract for the next five year.

Or I need to buy the new "R-ISE-VMM-K9" and change the config to the new one?

18 Replies 18

@jvujcich Your case is different. ISE 3.1 uses Cisco Smart Licensing. As a result, you need migrate the licenses in your Cisco smart account. More info, see http://cs.co/ise-ordering

Hi Hslai,

Thanks for your getting back to me. 

We are using Cisco Smart Licensing, but I'm not convinced that has anything to do with it. On a fresh VM build, using a new 3.1 ova, I would expect the new VM would have the latest PID of R-ISE-VMC-K9=

Just seems odd that you end up with an older EOL PID when you are using a new 3.1 ova to build it. Indeed, if I tried to connect the VM to Smart Licensing, I'll bet I get an error because the portal with detect an old EOL PID.

@jvujcich R-ISE-VM-K9= is NOT ISE-VM-K9.

R-ISE-VM-K9= is a licensing PID whereas ISE-VM-K9 is a platform PID. All ISE VM instances will show ISE-VM-K9 as the PID and we will consuming licensing PID according to the ISE releases.

jvujcich
Level 1
Level 1

Oh okay, So a "sh inventory" will always show ISE-VM-K9, No matter how new the OVI is?

Its a bit counter-intuitive.

Hopefully everyone is clear that that we can have a Platform PID that doesn't necessarily need to match the licensing PID.  i.e. After our  ISE 3.1 build, we will end up with a Platform PID of ISE-VM-K9  and a licensing PID of R-ISE-VMC-K9=.