cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to set the maximum value of ise cpu alarm?

CCC3
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set a maximum value for ise cpu alarm?

for example
When cpu is at 60%, A cpu high alarm will appear.

If not
At what percentage of CPU is the alarm displayed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @CCC3 

ISE does not have any mechanism to set Alarm Thresholds for the built-in Alarms. The ISE Alarms about things like "High Load Average" use a fixed threshold that we can't touch.

I might suggest two alternatives.

1) Try to use the System 360 Grafana Engine in ISE 3.2+ (if you're on that version) - it can set alerts and make pretty graphs etc. I have not quite managed to get my head around it yet, but it looks promising.

2) You could use an external NMS application (e.g. PRTG) to poll the individual node SNMP MIBs and process their CPU values and set alerts. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @CCC3 

ISE does not have any mechanism to set Alarm Thresholds for the built-in Alarms. The ISE Alarms about things like "High Load Average" use a fixed threshold that we can't touch.

I might suggest two alternatives.

1) Try to use the System 360 Grafana Engine in ISE 3.2+ (if you're on that version) - it can set alerts and make pretty graphs etc. I have not quite managed to get my head around it yet, but it looks promising.

2) You could use an external NMS application (e.g. PRTG) to poll the individual node SNMP MIBs and process their CPU values and set alerts.