Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.0 about WLC3504

chunchao wei
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Experts:

The content is to do wireless 802.1x certification for WLC3504 in the wireless project, and build ISE2.0.0.306 to simulate customer environment test:

Requirements:

The authentication policy passes the wireless 802.1x authentication, the authorization policy passes the MAB list, and the result USES the DVLAN to assign the address

The problems encountered in the test are as follows:

1. ISE 2.0.0.306 server adds WLC3504 device, turns on Radius authentication authorization, and tests to create internal user 'test' normally.

2. Authentication using the ‘default network access’ condition is found to be unsuccessful in connection with the mobile phone and laptop. but you can see in ISE Radius log that authentication/authorization is successful.

Compatibility I saw on the official website of cisco that version 2.2 of ISE supports WLC3504. Is this a compatibility problem?

Have you ever met the same problem as me? How did you solve it. Thankyou!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here as there is conflicting information in your post (ISE 2.0 vs. 2.2, 802.1x vs. MAB, etc).

The WLC3504 was not available at the time of release for ISE 2.0. That platform would not have been tested against ISE 2.0, so it is not listed in the Compatibility List for that version. There are no significant differences in how the WLC3504 handles RADIUS over the other AireOS platforms (2504, 5508, etc), however, so there should be no compatibility issues.

I would suggest reviewing some of these examples to compare against your setup.

Understand and configure EAP-TLS using WLC and ISE 

Configure 802.1x Authentication with PEAP, ISE 2.1 and WLC 8.3 

ISE 2.2 Wireless 802.1X with EAP-TLS and PEAP (Part 1) - Lab Minutes 

View solution in original post

Hello, Greg

The 802.1x authz issue been solution.  because is ISE version , Users ISE 2.2 version.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here as there is conflicting information in your post (ISE 2.0 vs. 2.2, 802.1x vs. MAB, etc).

The WLC3504 was not available at the time of release for ISE 2.0. That platform would not have been tested against ISE 2.0, so it is not listed in the Compatibility List for that version. There are no significant differences in how the WLC3504 handles RADIUS over the other AireOS platforms (2504, 5508, etc), however, so there should be no compatibility issues.

I would suggest reviewing some of these examples to compare against your setup.

Understand and configure EAP-TLS using WLC and ISE 

Configure 802.1x Authentication with PEAP, ISE 2.1 and WLC 8.3 

ISE 2.2 Wireless 802.1X with EAP-TLS and PEAP (Part 1) - Lab Minutes 

HelloGreg

I make AUTHC conditions change to MABIPhone test connect SSID is successful .

Why I can't connect to 802.1× with SSID

802.1x is standard   want to uses PEAP protocol for 802.1x. exclude compatible issue.

Does anything to do with client security setting

I'm still not clear what you are trying to do here. You can only use MAB to connect to an Open SSID. You can't use 802.1x on an Open SSID and you must use 802.1x to connect to an SSID configured for 802.1x.

Are you working with two separate SSIDs?

With PEAP, the client needs to trust the server certificate. If you're trying to connect an iPhone to an 802.1x SSID using PEAP, the iPhone needs to trust the EAP certificate from ISE. If you're not using an EAP cert in ISE that is signed by a public CA that is already trusted by the iPhone, you will need to manually trust the identity or root CA cert in the iPhone.

See the following posts for more info/examples:

ISE BYOD Endpoint Notes

ISE ISE BYOD Prescriptive Deployment Guide 

Hello,Greg

Yes,I opened the two SSID for testing.

Connect to 802.1× SSID the client pc will show “can`t connect to this network”

That is a generic Windows error that does not provide much help. You will need to look at the detailed session logs in ISE to start investigating the issue.

Hello, Greg

The 802.1x authz issue been solution.  because is ISE version , Users ISE 2.2 version.

Can you further please explain which was the solution as, i also get the same error?