cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 - Guest User import CSV template (Guest type and State)

Istvan Matyasovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is it possible to import ISE Guest Users using the Sponsor Portal import function while also defining the "Guest type", "State", "From date" and "To date" ? If yes, what is the structure of the csv template that can be used for that ? So far i could only import users with the following parameters / csv file structure:

* First name:,* Last name:,* Email:,* Company:,* Username:,* Password:

Is there a way to set the "State" to "Active" or will the state by default set to "Created" and changed to "Active" after the first successful login ?

Many thanks in advance

Istvan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What you see in the export are all the fields you're able to work with except for defect CSCvc51280 To include username /password column to import guest csv template

you set the guest type as you can see on the import page. along with start end time and duration

For more functionality you would need to use the API
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-guest-sponsor-api-tips-tricks/ta-p/3636773

View solution in original post

Sorry there isn’t an example currently available. I will see what can be done but I am out for 2 weeks

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What you see in the export are all the fields you're able to work with except for defect CSCvc51280 To include username /password column to import guest csv template

you set the guest type as you can see on the import page. along with start end time and duration

For more functionality you would need to use the API
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-guest-sponsor-api-tips-tricks/ta-p/3636773

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your help and the pointers you've shared.

My initial question on guest user migration came up as I am currently doing an ISE system migration where the two systems are deployed in parallel (1.x and 2.x) and the customer needs to migrate all details for each guest user (about 500 of them).

While I was reading the Guest Sponsor API Tips & Tricks document you've recommended, i've read in your last post to that threat/document that in certain cases the recommendation is to build a deployment in parallel and point the new system via radius token at the old system so that existing guest accounts can be used and phased out. While the REST-API has a lot of capabilities it would help a lot if I could find out a bit more about the alternative way you've mentioned.

Could you please share some pointers or an example with me on how to point the new system via radius token at the old system so that existing guest accounts can be used and phased out?

Many thanks in advance

Istvan

Sorry there isn’t an example currently available. I will see what can be done but I am out for 2 weeks

Managed to lab it up and seems to work fine. Next stage is to see how it behaves in a distributed solution / production.

Thanks again for the suggestion and enjoy your vacation

Istvan

Thanks please share your results ☺

I was able to import the username and password. Just add the fields into the CSV template after the pre-defined fields. 

ie

First name: Last name: Email address: Phone number: Company: Person being visited (email): Reason for visit: Username: Password:

@Andrew Woolman wrote:

I was able to import the username and password. Just add the fields into the CSV template after the pre-defined fields. 

ie

First name: Last name: Email address: Phone number: Company: Person being visited (email): Reason for visit: Username: Password:

yes but it doesn't help import right? this was above moving from one system to another. you can get everything (except pw since encrypted) and perhaps set random password on new system

Hi!

When I import my guest users via .csv, the import goes fine except for the password field. It is ignored and new passwords are generated instead.

Any advice on this? I cannot renew passwords via API, but I need to save existing passwords.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: