Replies

ISE 2.6 alarm "Queue Link Error"

merylmohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

ISE 2.6 gives the alarm "Queue Link Error"

Description says : 

"Please check and restore connectivity between the nodes. Ensure that the nodes are up and running. Ensure that ISE Messaging Service ports are not blocked by firewall. Please note that these alarms could occur between nodes, when the nodes are being registered to deployment or manually-synced from PPAN or when the nodes are in out-of-sync state or when the nodes are getting restarted"

All nodes are Up and Completely synced and has been up and running for more than 2 months. We have not restarted or resynced any of the nodes recently

Any ideas why we see this error?

51 Replies 51

Hi,

Am I missing something?

ISE.png

Hi @ferenc.vissers ,

Please check if the CA service is running. Sample output from my lab:

ise101/admin# show application status ise

ISE PROCESS NAME STATE PROCESS ID
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Database Listener running 2427
Database Server running 106 PROCESSES
Application Server running 50634
Profiler Database running 4738
ISE Indexing Engine running 52494
AD Connector running 13555
M&T Session Database running 4547
M&T Log Processor running 9849
Certificate Authority Service running 13302

You can also go to Certificates -> Certificate Authority -> Internal CA settings and check if it shows running.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

Hi,

No, it's not running:

Certificate Authority Service disabled

It was not before either. We do not have any problem with the Queue Link errors (we use ISE only for TACACS+), so I'll rather wait for Cisco to fix it. Thanks anyway!

Regards,

Ferenc

Just ran into this issue (four node deployment running 2.6 patch 3). ISE live log / session log / TACACS logs not showing. Resolved by doing the following:

1. Regenerate ISE Root CA (cert services must be running as mentioned in a previous post)

2. Regenerate ISE Messaging Service Cert

3. All nodes rebooted

Logs are now all visible

Regards,

Keith.

You will need to expand Certificate Authority at the bottom left of the menu and be sure to enable the ISE CA to be able to generate a CSR for the ISE Root CA Chain.

Hello, 

first you should have in Internal CA Settings (Enabled) and then the option to generate ISE ROOT CA will appear.

I've face the same issue on the proccess.

Regards,

Gustavo Garcia

Hi Arne,

We unfortunately upgraded from 2.4 to 2.6 patch 3 and we are getting hammered with this alarm!

Is the below fix is used when ISE acts as a CA server?

Because we are not using the ISE as SCEP proxy.

Please advise 

@bern81 wrote:

Hi Arne,

We unfortunately upgraded from 2.4 to 2.6 patch 3 and we are getting hammered with this alarm!

Is the below fix is used when ISE acts as a CA server?

Because we are not using the ISE as SCEP proxy.

Please advise 

Please work with TAC to debug and understand why this is happening.

Hi Jason,

We opened already a ticket with TAC and waiting for cisco reply.

Quick question: Do you suggest any link on how to rollback to 2.4 in case cisco are not able to find a solution.

Because currently all our Radius logs are gone!

thank you in advance

@bern81 wrote:

Hi Jason,

We opened already a ticket with TAC and waiting for cisco reply.

Quick question: Do you suggest any link on how to rollback to 2.4 in case cisco are not able to find a solution.

Because currently all our Radius logs are gone!

thank you in advance

apologies, you can't roll back. if you can build a system in the old setup you can restore your old backup

You likely need to regenerate your internal ISE CA chain if live logs are not working.

Administration > Certificates

Choose Certificate Signing Request on the left menu

Select to Generate a Certificate Signing Request

In the dialog, choose ISE Root CA from the dropdown list

Click Replace ISE Root CA Certificate chain

Short term you can also disable the ISE secure messaging service as well to rely on the legacy syslog communication.

Administration > Logging

Uncheck the option to use "ISE Messaging Service"

This will revert to using UDP 20514 to share information between ISE nodes

I was able to fix the Queue Link Error - cause unkonown CA with regenerating the root CA and messaging certificate.

Unfortunatly I hit another error after that which is also Queue Link Error but with the cause - basic-cancel.

I think I hit this Bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs01949

Anyone knows a workarround to fix this?

Thanks

Matthias

How long did it take before you noticed it started working. The System Summary is still displaying the second server is still not there. Although, I just recently did it. Should I restart the servers or just let it go?

I had the same issue on ISE 2.7 Patch 2, doing this resolved my issue. Thank you

Worked for me. Thanks @Dustin Anderson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: