Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 guest flow issue

Jiri Krystynek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried guest flow in ISE 2.7 and I'm facing issue with initial MAC authentication for redirect. I have standard configuration - identity source Guest Users with "If User now found" option set to Continue - the standard settings I guess.

When the MAC arrive from WLC the authentication fails with Process fail. When I set identity source Internal Endpoints it works. Something changed in the 2.7 version or it's a bug?

Thanks,

Jiri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jiri Krystynek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

changing identity source to Internal Endpoints fixed the issue.

Thank you for the help.

Jiri

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For ISE Central WebAuth, it always has been required to setup Internal Endpoints for the identity source in the policy set. The guest users or any other identity source sequence is defined on the portal it self.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Jiri Krystynek wrote:

Hi,

I tried guest flow in ISE 2.7 and I'm facing issue with initial MAC authentication for redirect. I have standard configuration - identity source Guest Users with "If User now found" option set to Continue - the standard settings I guess.

When the MAC arrive from WLC the authentication fails with Process fail. When I set identity source Internal Endpoints it works. Something changed in the 2.7 version or it's a bug?

Thanks,

Jiri

Depends on how you configured it. If you used the defaults policies then it should work. If you created a new auth policy then you will likely need to change it

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-guest-access-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3640475

Hi,

thank you all for the replies. I'm using ISE guest for several years and version with Guest Users identity sources and everything worked fine. I thought that it's needed for the second authentication (guest account). Probably it works a little different that I thought. Never mind I can change it easily.

But still there's something different in the 2.7. I don't think it should end up with process failed, I would expect that it ends on User not Found.

Thanks,

Jiri

Jiri Krystynek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

Jiri

@Jiri Krystynek wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

Jiri

Was it a new policy set or the built-in please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: