cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.0 Cannot Edit Or Import Endpoints

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

We just completed an ISE 3.0 upgrade from 2.7. The GUI seems very responsive. We cannot edit endpoints. It is almost like they are not getting loaded because the MAC address does not get populated when you click edit. We tried to import one MAC address and it did not complete. Same user tried to import another MAC address and ISE responded that a user could only have 1 import running at a time.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I worked with a Cisco TAC engineer to resolve the issue. After the original upgrade, I promoted the original primary back to primary. Working with Cisco TAC, we made the secondary primary again and we were able to edit endpoints afterward.

One issue after making the change when we initially logged in, we could still not edit or make any changes. However, after a few minutes, we were able to make changes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I also cannot edit the policy in Device policy Condition Studio. I just get this spinning wheel.

Hi @Alex Pfeil ,

1st ... please try the following command to check your Endpoints

ise/admin# application configure ise
Selection configuration option
[1]Reset M&T Session Database
[16]Get all Endpoints
[0]Exit

2nd ... if you have at least 2x Nodes, try to deregister one of the Nodes,  reset the application configuration to factory defaults (check the command bellow)  and restore a backup:

ise/admin# application reset-config

Hope this helps

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I worked with a Cisco TAC engineer to resolve the issue. After the original upgrade, I promoted the original primary back to primary. Working with Cisco TAC, we made the secondary primary again and we were able to edit endpoints afterward.

One issue after making the change when we initially logged in, we could still not edit or make any changes. However, after a few minutes, we were able to make changes.