cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.0, Guest Locations cannot be deleted, including San Jose.

M.G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

when trying to delete guest locations in 

Work Centers>Guest Access>settings>Guest Locations and SSIDs

I am getting Failed to delete locations : X: Location referenced by another configuration.

I have deleted the references in Sponsor Groups , in both enabled and disabled sponsor groups. This however didn't solve the problem. where else apart from in  Sponsor Groups, locations are referenced?

Thanks,

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut22751

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @M.G. 

Locations can also be referenced in the Self-Registration Portal in the Registration Form Settings.

pic.jpg

So you might have to delete them there before you can remove it globally (at least one must always be selected, so you cannot remove all from there).

Thank you very much martin.fischer and marce1000,

I deleted the references to the locations I wanted to remove in:

• Self-Registration Portal
  • Disabled Sponsor Groups
  • Enabled Sponsor Groups

I was then able to remove deleted those locations including San Jose.

Kind regards

My update on this solution is that sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't. So I think the bug still exist in ISE 3.0

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut22751

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you marce1000, 

I understand that this bug affected ISE version 1.3 and 2.x, Is this still the case in ISE 3.x?

I am wondering where else apart from in Sponsor Groups, locations are referenced?

Kind regards

- The only thing that I can say about it ,that no known  fixed releases are being mentioned. You may need to engage further with TAC

M.

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @M.G. 

Locations can also be referenced in the Self-Registration Portal in the Registration Form Settings.

pic.jpg

So you might have to delete them there before you can remove it globally (at least one must always be selected, so you cannot remove all from there).

Thank you very much martin.fischer and marce1000,

I deleted the references to the locations I wanted to remove in:

• Self-Registration Portal
  • Disabled Sponsor Groups
  • Enabled Sponsor Groups

I was then able to remove deleted those locations including San Jose.

Kind regards

My update on this solution is that sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't. So I think the bug still exist in ISE 3.0