cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.1 Meraki BYOD - iPhone unsupported browser

Turbo727
Level 1
Level 1

I have Meraki switches and APs configured to integrate with Cisco ISE 3.1. The ISE internal CA is the issuer for BYOD devices. When a client connects to the WiFi, the iPhone captive mini browser opens correctly and then redirects the user to the ISE BYOD portal. However, when the user initiates the onboarding process by clicking the start button, the mini browser displays an alert saying, 'Your browser is currently unsupported.' I have tried three different iPhones, all of which are different models, and they all encounter the same error. 

It seems that if I click cancel without an internet connection and then start Safari, it works. Has anyone encountered this issue before and knows the reason behind it? Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Turbo727
Level 1
Level 1

IMG_8390.png

This is a known issue with Apple mini browser.  Below article provides options to deal with this Apple mini browser:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/dealing-with-apple-cna-aka-mini-browser-for-ise-byod/ta-p/3641822

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems you are using Apple's mini browser for on-boarding the device and BYOD can't be done on the mini browser as the certificate profile download is not supported. You may enable captive network assistance bypass on the wireless to fix this but that will break automatic redirection to the browser and many other things based on my experience.

bickmnell
Level 1
Level 1

Turbo, Were you able to find a resolution with Meraki devices? We're seeing the same issue but the solution posted here was only for cisco wireless controllers. I've followed the steps for disabling CNA browser here: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/CWA_-_Central_Web_Authentication_with_Cisco_ISE 

After disabling, we no longer are automatically redirected to with the mini browser, but when opening safari, we aren't redirected to the splashpage.