Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.2 patch 4 installation failing

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

hi everyone, 

I successfully deployed a VMware VM running 3.2 with RHEL 8 / ESXi 7.x and was able to install with no issues patch 2 and 3 on this version. However, I cannot install patch 4 no matter what. I verified the CHECKSUM of the file downloaded, I used CLI, I downloaded the file to the local disk and tried from there. No luck at all, trying now from GUI and let's see if that works. Wondering if anyone has seen this. thanks

Hoping it has nothing to do with this:

Cisco Bug: CSCwh60669
ISE 3.2 patch install via GUI failed if backup interface configured
Last Modified
Oct 26, 2023
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I installed patch 4 the other day to the Primary PAN (from an SFTP repo). It worked. I then patched the remaining deployment using the web upload method. Once it works on one node I have always (touch wood) had luck with all the others. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

UPDATE: It worked from GUI, now waiting for the services to be restarted and do my validation. I do not understand why patch 2/3 installation worked via CLI but not P4. This is an standalone node being built for testing.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I installed patch 4 the other day to the Primary PAN (from an SFTP repo). It worked. I then patched the remaining deployment using the web upload method. Once it works on one node I have always (touch wood) had luck with all the others. 

I have a ISE cluster of 4 nodes, Primary A/M, Secondary A/M, PSN, PSN with patch-3 installed.  I just installed patch-4 last week from the UI and no issue for me.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You know that ISE patches are cumulative so you can go straight to Patch 5 - you do not need to install 2,3,4 first. We recommend using the latest patch and skip the interims unless you choose otherwise.

Your title says Patch 5 is failing but your text says you cannot install Patch 4. I'm confused if it is 4 or 5 or both 4 and 5 are failing.

Either way "I cannot install patch 4 no matter what" is not a technical error or clear cause that can help us give you suggestions.

There is NO patch 5 available for ISE version 3.2.

corrected in the title.

that's actually true. I can install directly patch 4 and omit all the previous ones. In any case, installation worked using GUI, not CLI which I found strange as I prefer the CLI BECAUSE i can see the progress of the process.