Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.2 - traffic calculation between nodes

Hi,

Is there a way to check how much data each node in deployment transmitted / received between each other? I can see that under monitoring I can create new Dashboard with received / transmit total bytes, but then I have multiple instances. Also when I will edit "Traffic - Transmit.." I can change "avg(rate(node_network_transmit_bytes_total{job="$job", device=~"eth."}[$__rate_interval]))" but what command I should use to have total transmitted / received data between nodes for last 30 days? 

3 Replies 3

You need to use Monitoring/Log Analytics for this but I believe it only has 7 days of log retention.  If this is a VM you can use hypervisor monitoring tools.

VM monitoring tools won't show me summary how much data was received / transmitted. So I believe that Monitoring / Log Analytics will be handy. When I open Monitoring I can see network speed, I can edit that and change command under Metrics browser, but I need to know what exactly to use. For speed it is this command by default: 

avg(rate(node_network_transmit_bytes_total{job="$job"device=~"eth."}[$__rate_interval]))
What command I need to use to have overall transmitted or received data (unit I will change to GB or TB).
BTW - I was playing with those settings, but it shows me PetaBytes of data - and that's hard to believe so for sure I'm doing something wrong.

So far I was able to check how to calculate used data overall - so not only between nodes but generally in/out everything. Go to Monitoring, scroll down to "Network Traffic - Received and Transmitted" - expand arrow near it > view, set period to X days, then hit "Inspect > Data". Window will open with data which you can export to CSV and just summarize it. But important - it will be only received data, you need to change to under "Data options" to Transmitted and again export to CSV. 

Still checking if it is possible to check data usage between nodes with Grafana.