Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE ADE-OS system log files

extremal.v
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I need help with copying ISE ADE-OS system log files such as console.log, security and audit.log.

I can view the list of files using commands sh logging system and I can view the specific file using command sh logging system console.log for example. But how can I copy these files to remote host? Do I have to copy the content of the files to the disk: directory or there is some other way?

Thanx in advanced!

3 Replies 3

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @extremal.v,

You can download these logs via GUI, if you go to Operations / Troubleshoot / Download Logs / Select ISE appliance / Select required logs.

Kind regards,

Milos

extremal.v
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Milos_Jovanovic,

Thank you for the reply. I believe this is what I wanted! Can you help me with one more thing?

Is it possible to create a policy for read only access for every tabs except Operations Tab? I need to give a user an access to download logs and reports but the rest of the tabs must be the read only access. So if I create a Menu Access option with Operations Tab - Reports/Troubleshoot - Download Logs and Data Access option with Read Only settings will it work? Or I miss the point of how to create the policy?

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure. I know you can create RO access for sure, and you can create policy for access to only Troubleshooting section (rest to be hidden).You can find details here, on how to configure RBAC.

I'm not sure if you can combine those two, but you are welcome to try, and to give us a feecback.

Kind regards,

Milos