Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and CRL Verification

M.G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

How can I verify that the CRL is actually downloaded in ISE, and it's being used.

I don't have the option to test with an endpoint that it's computer certificate is revoked.

Thank you,

M.G.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How can I verify that the CRL is actually downloaded in ISE, and it's being used.

-A couple of quick options to verify:

--The radius detailed live log should contain crl information in Steps data for an authenticated session.  Same goes for OCSP if using that. 

--Run a tcpdump from one of the PSNs, download pcap, search for http.

View solution in original post

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a syslog server that you export logs to?

You should be seeing log messages about whether or not the CRL was added or failed:

image.png

M.G.
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Mike and Thomas,

I noticed that if CRL download is not successful you will get an alert in the Dashboard. In addition in the RADIUS live logs (depending on your config for the specific trusted certificate) , after "ISE will continue to CRL verification..." you will see "CRL verification Bypassed" in case CRL download was not successful.

The Syslog server messages clearly showed the addition of the CRL.  

Thanks again for your assistance.

M.G.

3 Replies 3

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-A couple of quick options to verify:

--The radius detailed live log should contain crl information in Steps data for an authenticated session.  Same goes for OCSP if using that. 

--Run a tcpdump from one of the PSNs, download pcap, search for http.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a syslog server that you export logs to?

You should be seeing log messages about whether or not the CRL was added or failed:

image.png

M.G.
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Mike and Thomas,

I noticed that if CRL download is not successful you will get an alert in the Dashboard. In addition in the RADIUS live logs (depending on your config for the specific trusted certificate) , after "ISE will continue to CRL verification..." you will see "CRL verification Bypassed" in case CRL download was not successful.

The Syslog server messages clearly showed the addition of the CRL.  

Thanks again for your assistance.

M.G.