cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Base License Consumption Exceeding Endpoints

Slagathor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure out how ISE is eating up so many licenses. I'm running 2.1.0.474 on a physical SNS-3515 appliance. The appliance is consistently only at 150-250 endpoints, with 500 base licenses installed. And yet it hasn't dropped below about 600 licenses consumed almost the entire time it's been on.

If it's a question of consuming services we only use it for the sponsor portal for a limited number of users at a time. at the time of writing this i'm at only 9 authenticated clients, 208 endpoints, and 631 licenses consumed.

The extra endpoints can be explained by all the clients that aren't forwarded to the sponsor portal (it's only on a limited SSID) Average total user count on the network is about 100-125 so this seems ok. How is it that licenses consumed doesn't match Endpoints? From my understanding the only thing that should consume licenses is an active session, so even if there was a problem releasing endpoints how can it be that license consumption is so much higher?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5
How many active session do you see in live log?

I'm not sure where to see that information. Under Operations > Live Logs or Live Sessions, I can see the log entries and sessions but it only shows 20 at a time, and does not give totals.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Slagathor
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know why Cisco feels the need to auto-mark these things as solved. It is most certainly not solved.