cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Base license features supported by DNA Center

WeiKwongOng5555
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, what are the ISE Base license features supported by DNA Center?

Is it the ISE license must be at least Plus or Advantage to be supported by DNA Center?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a good reference mapping ISE features to license levels.  ISE Licensing - Quick Access

Keep in mind that Cisco DNA Center uses pxGrid to integrate with ISE which is an Advantage (Plus) tier feature.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ISE base License have Limited Fearures like device admin and radius, if you looking more features then you need above base License.

Check the License FAQ :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/qa-c67-744190.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a good reference mapping ISE features to license levels.  ISE Licensing - Quick Access

Keep in mind that Cisco DNA Center uses pxGrid to integrate with ISE which is an Advantage (Plus) tier feature.

Hi @Charlie Moreton , meaning with ISE Base license, ISE is not able to integrate with DNA Center?

Correct, pxGrid requires Advantage Licensing.

Since session information is shared with DNA Center via pxGrid and contracts are created and shared to ISE as SGTs, the integration will require an Advantage or Plus license. 

I'm curious, though.  You keep mentioning Base licenses, what version of ISE are you on?

Octavian Szolga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

Still, let's assume I want to integrate ISE with DNA for Assurance only. I don't care about SD-Access I don't plan to implement it, so no SGT no contracts, no SGACLs.

By integrating ISE with DNA I can have endpoint/user visibility in DNA for troubleshooting purposes for the wireless environment.

If I look at this post, there's no need for ISE Advanced license: 

Solved: PXGrid licensing ? - Cisco Community

DNA + ISE = both are Cisco products. Based on the previous link, Base (currenty Essentials) license would suffice.

BR, 

Octavian