cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Captive Portal & redundancy

barney.pause
Level 1
Level 1

I have a guest SSID configured in my WLC. I also have 2 ISE appliances (Primary/Secondary) that I use to do the web auth on my guest SSID.

In the config of my SSID (Security / Layer 3 / Web Policy), I selected "Web Auth Type: External" and I had to enter the URL of my ISE server. I used the primary ISE but if the primary fails, I have to manually change that URL to the secondary for web auth to continue to work. How can I automate this? Is there a way to configure a virtual IP address (like NAC CAS) for my 2 ISE?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best way around this is to use the central web authentication feature. So that the redirect requests are sent from the ISE node that is available and sends the av-pair to redirect the user.

Have you considered this option?

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best way around this is to use the central web authentication feature. So that the redirect requests are sent from the ISE node that is available and sends the av-pair to redirect the user.

Have you considered this option?

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: