cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE MyDevices Portal customization (remove the column for pending/register state)

anvolkov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is for ISE 1.3+

do you know if it's possible to remove the Device registration status from the MyDevices portal (ISE 1.4)? By default the status is displayed (Registered/Pending). My Customer wants to get rid of this column in general:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check this out, reference my how to on web portal customization to get used to JavaScript requirements

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-43_ISE_Web_Portal_Customization_Options.pdf

THis this should be put under optional content 2 for manage devices page

<script>

$(document).ready(function() {

setTimeout(function(){

var checkbox = $('.ui-checkbox:nth-child(4) [data-icon="checkbox-off"]');

if(checkbox.length == 0) {

$('[for="col-4"]').click()

}

}, 1200);

});

</script>

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check this out, reference my how to on web portal customization to get used to JavaScript requirements

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-43_ISE_Web_Portal_Customization_Options.pdf

THis this should be put under optional content 2 for manage devices page

<script>

$(document).ready(function() {

setTimeout(function(){

var checkbox = $('.ui-checkbox:nth-child(4) [data-icon="checkbox-off"]');

if(checkbox.length == 0) {

$('[for="col-4"]').click()

}

}, 1200);

});

</script>

Jason,

Thanks a lot for the script. I tested it in my lab, for the default MyDevices portal it works perfectly. But unfortunately it didn't work for the portal migrated from 1.2 (and the Customer is using this one).

Do you have any suggestions what might be wrong with it? I have restored the Customer's config in my lab, if you need an access to their ISE I can give you it.

Default:

Migrated from 1.2/Customized by the Customer:

Does anyone know how to hide the number of registered devices on the "My Devices" page of the Portal?  I know how to remove "Number of registered devices:" , but i am having javascript trouble on hiding the number "0/100".  See below:

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 9.28.16 AM.png

Any help would be great.

JB

did you ever get this working? sorry it was so long ago

Has this script changed for ISE 2.3; more specifically with ISE 2.3 portals built with ISE PB? The Manage Devices page does not have an Optional Text 2 entry box

All of our non-dot1x devices students enter show up as Pending state and generate tickets.

did you try the instructional text? It will work under any box

I've tried this script in all 3 boxes of the My Devices page- the one that was referred to in the original post.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.35.30 PM.png

The Pending status is still shown..

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.34.51 PM.png

is any other scripting working for you? did you allow javascript under the admin settings? mentioned in this guide

How To: ISE Web Portal Customization Options | Cisco Communities

i see a problem, please look at the guide i sent, looks like you're trying to insert script on the text page and not under the toggle html/javascript page

That solved the My Devices page- you were correct the script goes under Optional Content 2 using the toggle HTML feature.

The Manage Device page still shows the Pending Status with the secondary script added to the Manage Device page and the Edit Device page:

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 4.23.47 PM.png

And the configuration page:

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 4.28.18 PM.png

HTML / Java configuration is enabled under Settings > Portal Customization

Hi Scott,

Could you please also try this one script, which will hide row with timeout 2 seconds?

<script>

setTimeout(function(){

$("#page-manage-device .cisco-ise-table-row:first").hide();

}, 2000);

</script>

Sorry for hijacking this post, but I figured my question belongs here.

The script works great for the page that shows all devices listed, but when you click on one of them it shows the device status in another page.

Is it possible to also hide the status when viewing the device details?

my_devices_no_status.JPG

manage_device_status.JPG

Check this out put it on the Manage Device page under Instructional text:

<script>

jQuery(document).on("pageshow","#page-manage-device",function(){

jQuery("#page-manage-device .cisco-ise-table-row:first").hide(); 

});

</script>

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 3.01.20 PM.png

Hi Jason,

I have a customer running ISE 2.2 Patch 9 and we are trying to remove the status on the My Device portal. I've tried the scripts posted here for the My Device and Managed Device but the status is still showing up. I did make sure to toggle html/java and we have java enabled globally but still no luck. 

The other odd thing is after 10-15 minutes if you go back to the Portal Customization the scripts are no longer showing up. It's as if they were deleted??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: