Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Node not syncing

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All

In my setup, I have two locations, Tower 1 & Tower 2. I have a PAP-T1, PSN-T1 & a MNT-T1 in Tower1 & only one PSN1-T2 in Tower2. All are in sync & running ISE 2.2 patch 3. Tower 1 & Tower 2 are connected across WAN.

I am trying to add a PSN node(PSN2-T2) to cluster from Tower 2. PSN1-T1 & PSN1-T2 are in the same subnet. Once I add the the node PSN2-T2, I see the message, "Sync is Progress" . After a while I get the message, Registration failed.

I tried to factory reset the configuration PSN2-T2, still the issue is same.

How can  I troubleshoot this further

Regards

Nikhil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If not already done, please engage Cisco TAC on this.

You may tail on ADE.log on each of the primary PAN (PAP-T1?) and PSN2-T2 by admin CLI "terminal len 0" and then "show logging system ade/ADE.log" while re-attempting the registration process. I suspect the issue is either export the db from the primary or import it to the secondary node.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If not already done, please engage Cisco TAC on this.

You may tail on ADE.log on each of the primary PAN (PAP-T1?) and PSN2-T2 by admin CLI "terminal len 0" and then "show logging system ade/ADE.log" while re-attempting the registration process. I suspect the issue is either export the db from the primary or import it to the secondary node.

toyip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would the support bundle from ISE provide the same information as the "show logging system ade/ADE.log" output?

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If generating a support bundle from ISE admin web UI, please ensure to select [ Include system logs ].

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 12.40.30 PM.png

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Sry.. i couldn't check the reply.. thank you for the response