Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE tacacs+ command set for all interface-specific subcommands

Azlord_Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd really like to know what the ISE tacacs+ command set is for all interface-specific subcommands. 

" Permit interface* " gets me into the interface configuration mode, but nothing within that mode. Is there a one-line command set that will include all subcommands within the interface mode? (wildcard "*" in the argument box didn't work). 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Every command is treated on its own merits regardless of where you are in the configuration.  ISE has no awarness of the fact that you are at the interface section.  If you allow the user to go to the interface section then you need to allow the user to issue commands:

shutdown

switchport access vlan

no shutdown

etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You should be able to use ISE to validate your command expressions. Under TACACS Command Sets I think what you are looking for is:
Grant = PERMIT; Command = Interface; Arguments = all;
Try that and test accordingly. Lastly, see section 'TACACS+ Command Sets' here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ISE_admin_guide_24/m_ise_tacacs_device_admin.html

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of user rights ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Every command is treated on its own merits regardless of where you are in the configuration.  ISE has no awarness of the fact that you are at the interface section.  If you allow the user to go to the interface section then you need to allow the user to issue commands:

shutdown

switchport access vlan

no shutdown

etc.

Thank you, it appears that you were correct - all commands within a command group that you want some control over need to be individually defined.