cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE-Using various appliance models as PSNs in a Large Dedicated Deployment

bobakers1
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to design a Dispersed Deployment of ISE, able to support over 30,000 concurrent sessions across multiple sites. Some sites, however, will have less than 500 concurrent sessions. I plan on using 3495s for my redundant PANs, and MnTs. Can I use a smaller appliance, like a 3415, as a PSN at my smaller sites? I would potentially design the system so that small sites would also serve as secondary sites for each other.

Thanks!

Bob

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes you can. However, if in case you’re your bigger site PSNs run into some issues, you might run into problems if you have less capable nodes and if you direct the traffic to these PSNs. To have a completely redundant solution, it is best to have uniformity across the deployment. But I would again leave that you to decide.

View solution in original post

I would recommend if you’re purchasing hardware to go with the 35xx series since 34xx is not supported in ISE 2.4+

I would recommend VMware and forgetting the SNS appliances all together, but to each their own.

3 Replies 3

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes you can. However, if in case you’re your bigger site PSNs run into some issues, you might run into problems if you have less capable nodes and if you direct the traffic to these PSNs. To have a completely redundant solution, it is best to have uniformity across the deployment. But I would again leave that you to decide.

I would recommend if you’re purchasing hardware to go with the 35xx series since 34xx is not supported in ISE 2.4+

I would recommend VMware and forgetting the SNS appliances all together, but to each their own.