cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE with Shoretel IP Phone

avallely
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer are going to deploy Shoretel 230 IP Phone and want to use ISE.  I have specificed Plus license for profiling, but they have asked if we download a Cert to the IP Phone, and how would we do this.  I have seen that we can use SCEP with Cisco IP Phones, but not seen anything wrt the Shoretel.

It appears as though we must create a profile and use MAB.

Can you clarify for me?

Many thanks,

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We haven't done any testing with provisioning Shoretel phones for 802.1X. As Paul said, it's unclear if they actually support certificates (EAP-TLS) on their phones or just username/password (PEAP) authentication.

If Shoretel does support certificates, the SCEP interface is the standard way for requesting & obtaining certificates so you may use ISE as your CA server in this case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I haven't done EAP-TLS on Shortel and would advocate using profiling, but if the customer insists on using 802.1x it looks like they support PEAP:

https://support.shoretel.com/kb/view.php?id=kA0C0000000LGHPKA4   

You could setup local users in ISE for the phones and have 802.1x configured by the phone tech during initial phone setup.  Sounds painful, but could be doable.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We haven't done any testing with provisioning Shoretel phones for 802.1X. As Paul said, it's unclear if they actually support certificates (EAP-TLS) on their phones or just username/password (PEAP) authentication.

If Shoretel does support certificates, the SCEP interface is the standard way for requesting & obtaining certificates so you may use ISE as your CA server in this case.