Views
Helpful
Replies

Linking one guest portal to another guest portal

gthermae
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We just spent some time to build a link from a hotspot portal to a guestportal. Just thought I would share the code we inserted in the opt content 2 on the hotspot page. The trick is to take the sessionId from the current url on the hotspot page and add it to the link. Also want to give creds to Christophe Landrain who did most of this.

$(window).ready(function() {

var hostname = window.location.hostname;

var WebSessionId = window.location.href.substr(window.location.href.search("\\?")).split("=")[2];

jQuery('.cisco-ise-body').append(' <center><a href="https://'+hostname+':8449/portal/gateway?sessionId='+WebSessionId+'&portal=a23657f0-d7e2-11e6-a31c-0050568a29f5&action=cwa" style="color: rgb(0,255,0)"><font color="212121">Go to Guest Portal</font></a></center>');

});

//Gunnar

48 Replies 48

We have now reloaded the WLC with CNA Bypass = enabled. 

Now the iPhones/Apple get no Bad Request 400, 
but the redirect to the sign on page do not work anymore. 

The iPhone clients connect to the open SSID and connection is established, 

If the user try to open a bookmarked site nothing happens. Only when the user will open 

a new site the redirect works. 

Is there any settings that prevent this behaviour? 

Kind Regards, 

Jacob 

We have now reloaded the WLC with CNA Bypass = enabled. 

Now the iPhones|Apple get no Bad Request 400, 
but the redirect to the sign on page do not work anymore. 

The iPhone clients connect to the open SSID and connection is established, 

If the user try to open a bookmarked site nothing happens. Only when the user will open 

a new site the redirect works. 

Is there any settings that prevent this behaviour? 

Kind Regards, 

Jacob 

That is correct behavior. Please check the prescriptive guest guide located under Http://cs.co/ise-guest

Couple key points from the guide
Redirection for https is not recommended and won’t work by default
When you enable captive portal bypass the captive network assistant won’t auto launch

JHILL2
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone confirm that this works with a portal built via isepb?  Testing it out now & it does not seem to work via the portal that I imported.

Likely not, you would need to ask that team for support

Sent from my iPhone

Could you try this script for ISEPB portal:

<script>

setTimeout(function() {

var WebSessionId = window.location.href.substr(window.location.href.search("\\?")).split("=")[2];

jQuery('.t-root .t-block_content').append(' <center><a href="https://'+hostname+':8443/portal/PortalSetup.action?portal=3c379d60-fceb-11e5-b628-005056a49fb9&sessionId='+WebSessionId+'&action=cwa" style="color: rgb(0,255,0)"><font color="212121">Go to Guest Portal</font></a></center>');

}, 2000);

</script>

Tried it on portal page customization on ISE but no link is shown in the preview.

The little preview? Try the portal test url

Sent from my iPhone

Unfortunately, nothing is showing up with the script provided from Serhii Pustovit. I already tried it with the portal test url.

Could you please try this one? I've increased timeout.

<script>

setTimeout(function() {

jQuery('.t-root .t-block_content').append(' <center><a href="https://'+hostname+':8443/portal/PortalSetup.action?portal=3c379d60-fceb-11e5-b628-005056a49fb9&sessionId='+WebSessionId+'&action=cwa" style="color: rgb(0,255,0)"><font color="212121">Go to Guest Portal</font></a></center>');

}, 5000);

</script>

Here is default ISEPB portal with that link.

certif.png

I copied the script but no success. That's where I entered your script:

portal_customization.jpg

The Link is not shown on the login page:

portal_live.jpg

The link is now shown on the login page with the following script:

<script>

setTimeout(function() {

jQuery('.cisco-ise-body').append(' <center><a href="https://'+hostname+':8443/portal/PortalSetup.action?portal=463330a2-05cb-11e8-ab68-005056875f3d&sessionId='+WebSessionId+'&action=cwa" style="color: rgb(0,255,0)"><font color="212121">Go to Employee Login Page</font></a></center>');

}, 1000);

</script>

But still, when using the link in the CWA (captive network assistant) on a apple device, nothing is happening. Verified it on two apple iphone's. This is working fine on windows and android devices.

I would suggest a webex instead of back and forth here

Please email isepb@external.cisco.com<mailto:isepb@external.cisco.com> and will try to work through this

I am also struggling with the Apple mini browser of the captive network assistant. As suggested before activating Captive-Bypass and using Safari is working just fine but I'd rather get it working with Apple CNA.

Were you guys able to get the link working for Apple CNA?

Sorry for delay we are looking at validating in next few days