cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login page loop for guest Wifi - ISE-ARUBA Integration

LPAUCISCO
Level 1
Level 1

I've got Aruba instant AP's using ISE for Guest authentication.

Users are authenticated successfully but it returns to login page again instead of redirection to original URL.

Radius logs shows the authentication is successful but it's not picking any authorization policy for some reason.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I had the same problem, but I have resolved it. I used two different roles on Aruba one guest-redirect where I would redirect it to the cisco ISE portal and the other one guest-authenticated where I give internet access only and make sure that you do not enable "Download Role" on the Access tab when you create the SSID.  On the Cisco ISE side also create two authorization profiles one for CWA where you would send the "Aruba-User-Role = guest-redirect" and the other one where you would send the "Aruba-User-Role = guest-authenticated. This has worked for me. I hope that will help you too.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Seems like COA is not happening. Could you please confirm the following:

1) Send the screenshot of ACL on WLC.

2) Check if WLC is configured for COA

Security > Radius > Authentication 

Check if Support for COA is enabled.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/115732-central-web-auth-00.html#anc5

Regards

Gagan

PS: rate helpful posts!!!!!

Hi Gagan,

COA is enable in radius definition on Aruba controller but it looks it's using port 5999 which is a bit strange.

Predefined port for Aruba device in ISE is 3799.

Screen shot attached.

To be honest, I have never seen different ports on both WLC and SERVER.

If you can make it 3799 and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Gagan

Ruelb2214
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue, portal page keeps looping.

Did you resolve the issue?

Please share

Hello,

I had the same problem, but I have resolved it. I used two different roles on Aruba one guest-redirect where I would redirect it to the cisco ISE portal and the other one guest-authenticated where I give internet access only and make sure that you do not enable "Download Role" on the Access tab when you create the SSID.  On the Cisco ISE side also create two authorization profiles one for CWA where you would send the "Aruba-User-Role = guest-redirect" and the other one where you would send the "Aruba-User-Role = guest-authenticated. This has worked for me. I hope that will help you too.