Views
Helpful
Replies

machine authentication

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I was trying to do machine authentication ( ise -active directory computer objects) 

before log in  the user  i tried to connect (windows 10) the ssid , but ise is giving the below message 

"ISE rejects access-request does not contain the usernamer attribute"

is it because of the below bugs or something else 

ise version is 2.3.0.298

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCva20683

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is not enough information here to provide any meaningful assistance. Please see How to Ask the Community for Help.

If you're new to ISE, you might want to review the Secure Wireless Access and other webinars available at https://cs.co/ise-webinars.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Please provide some captures about the Windows10 wireless profile configuration about the security settings.

If the supplicant is not properly configured it is normal that ISE doesn't get the required data.

I would like to understand the way that you are mixing PEAP with EAP-TLS. Not sure if this will works in another way that using TEAP chaining or 802.1x. If you use certificate for both user and machine, then it will works properly as you expect to do without TEAP. But if you want to use different methods (PEAP and EPA-TLS) you should move to TEAP.

To get the security setting of a WiFi profile you must to connecto to the network and go to Control panel > Nework an Internet > Network and sharing center > Click on the WiFi network > Wireless properties > Security tab.

Thanks

Thanks

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is not enough information here to provide any meaningful assistance. Please see How to Ask the Community for Help.

If you're new to ISE, you might want to review the Secure Wireless Access and other webinars available at https://cs.co/ise-webinars.

Hi ,

I want to connect the wifi (EAP-PEAP and machine authentication (not user authentication))  pre logon on domain.
( Machine Authenticate Wireless Prior to Logon),

for example , the windows try to connect using computername "test-computer$"

but it was not connecting . ISE giving the log below

"ISE rejects access-request does not contain the usernamer attribute".

Hope it clear , sorry for my english

Thanks

Hi,

Please provide some captures about the Windows10 wireless profile configuration about the security settings.

If the supplicant is not properly configured it is normal that ISE doesn't get the required data.

I would like to understand the way that you are mixing PEAP with EAP-TLS. Not sure if this will works in another way that using TEAP chaining or 802.1x. If you use certificate for both user and machine, then it will works properly as you expect to do without TEAP. But if you want to use different methods (PEAP and EPA-TLS) you should move to TEAP.

To get the security setting of a WiFi profile you must to connecto to the network and go to Control panel > Nework an Internet > Network and sharing center > Click on the WiFi network > Wireless properties > Security tab.

Thanks

Thanks

Regards