Views
Helpful
Replies

Motorola RF Controller access via Cisco ACS

John Quick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to be able to use remote authentication on our Motorola RF controllers using Cisco ACS 5.2. We have the VSA loaded and we can choose the different user roles apart from 'Superuser'.

The reason for this is that the attribute ID for the 'SuperUser' role is 32768 and but Attribute ID within ACS can only take 3 digits (see fig.1 attached)

Has anyone had any experience of this and/or knows how to change this field to all for more than 3 digits?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I can see the issue you are refering to and does appear to be a bug - will dig out if there is one and if not open

A work around would be to not use an Attribute Type of enumeration but rather an Unsigned integer

Would then need to enter the value directly in the authorization profile rather than selecting from an enumeration

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I can see the issue you are refering to and does appear to be a bug - will dig out if there is one and if not open

A work around would be to not use an Attribute Type of enumeration but rather an Unsigned integer

Would then need to enter the value directly in the authorization profile rather than selecting from an enumeration

Thank you very much. Worked a treat!

If could find any info  for this bug could you keep me updated?

Thanks

John

Glad this helped. I opened a CDETS to document this issue. It should be resolved in ACS 5.4 which is currently planned to be available in the September timeframe

CSCtz93947: Can't create enumerated RADIUS attribute with ID of more than 3 digits

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: