Views
Helpful
Replies

Move ISE and Prime VM's to new hardware

rhodrijenkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for documentation on how to move ISE 1.1.4 VM's in a distributed deployment to new hardware. I'm planning to move 4 servers for a client to UCS hardware but can't find any documentation for this. The closest I've found relates to vMotion and vCenter for ISE 1.2 only.

Also I need to do the same thing for Prime 1.4.

Can anyone point me to the necessary resources for me to evaluate any caveats etc.

Cheers

Rhodri

2 Replies 2

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Live migration of virtual machines from one server to another, VMotion is supported on ISE 1.2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco ISE, Release 1.2, supports the VMware vMotion feature (live migration of virtual machines from one server to another).

Support for VMware vMotion in Release 1.2

Cisco ISE, Release 1.2, supports the VMware vMotion feature that allows you to migrate live virtual machine (VM) instances (running any persona) between hosts. For the VMware vMotion feature to be functional, the following conditions must be met:

• Shared storage—The storage for the VM must reside on a storage area network (SAN), and the SAN must be accessible by all the VMware hosts that can host the VM being moved.
  • VMFS volume sharing—The VMware host must use shared virtual machine file system (VMFS) volumes.
  • Gigabit Ethernet interconnectivity—The SAN and the VMware hosts must be interconnected with Gigabit Ethernet links.
  • Processor compatibility—A compatible set of processors must be used. Processors must be from the same vendor and processor family for vMotion compatibility.
  • http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/installation_guide/ise_ig/ise_vmware.html