cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC (802.1x & ACS) at Windows Logon

kevin.corace
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about NAC & Windows Logon. I currently have a Cisco 3560 as the Network Access Device. Cisco ACS Solution Engine is running 4.1.1.23(3) for my ACS Server. I'm doing internal posture for Active Directory Auth, and External Posture for Trend Micro AV. Clients have the CTA + Supplicant installed.

When I logon to Windows upon booting up I'm placed into the quarantine vlan and on the NAD (3560) the log shows CiscoTrustAgent Not Detected. If I disconnect cable and plug back in, everything works fine...my posture comes back healthy, I'm authenticated, and placed into the correct VLAN.

Any idea why it is different first logging into windows versus plugging in after logging in?

Thank You,

Kevin

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

This looks like a misconfig. Better enable the logging function in CTA run the command “ctalogd enable” from the command

line.

I was able to fix the logon to windows issue by changed the timers on the switch for the 802.1x authentications, quit timer, and tx timer. Does this normally need changed from default?

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: