Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Operational backup failing ISE 2.7

Hi everyone!!

My Cisco ISE 2.7 patch 9 deployment Operational backup doesn't work since some weeks ago (weekly scheduled backup). We have the same repository for different backups (Operational, Configuration, Policies... and other reports...) and only Operational backup is failing. So, the repository (FTP server) is working correctly.

If I start a manually Operational backup from GUI, it fails the progress bar disappears... without results. If I start a manually Operational backup from CLI, these are the results:

% Creating backup with timestamped filename: Backup_ISE_Operational-OPS10-230411-1648.tar.gpg
% backup in progress: Starting Backup...10% completed
% backup in progress: starting dbbackup using expdp.......20% completed
ttBulkCp: Error received while connecting to data store -- 08S01: [TimesTen][TimesTen 11.2.2.7.4 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT0799: Unable to connect to daemon; check daemon status -- file "db.c", lineno 9621, procedure "sbDbConnect" (TimesTen error code = 799).
ttSchema: Error received while connecting to data store -- 08S01: [TimesTen][TimesTen 11.2.2.7.4 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT0799: Unable to connect to daemon; check daemon status -- file "db.c", lineno 9621, procedure "sbDbConnect" (TimesTen error code = 799).
% backup in progress: starting cars logic.......50% completed
% backup in progress: Moving Backup file to the repository...75% completed
% backup in progress: Completing Backup...100% completed

And an small file (7MB) is copied to the repository... when this backup file usually is 9GB - 11GB...

Any idea? or directly I open a case on TAC?

Many thanks!!

Marcos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Marcos Rodriguez ,

I had the same issue in the past, to solve it I had to reload the MnT (responsible for the OPER) and also the PAN.

Note: I tried to stop/start the Application Server of both MnT and PAN, but this action did not work.

Hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... or directly I open a case on TAC?
                      - Go for TAC directly  , it looks rather advanced , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Definitely a TAC case, it's not connecting to the Oracle database, so that is why you are not getting the large file. Nothing you would have any access to.

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable debugs on CLI using command "debug copy 7" and "debug transfer 7" and then run operational backup from CLI and check if any error is seen. Also, check if FTP server is full. Try deleting some files from FTP and check.

If nothing conclusive, contact TAC.

Hi @Marcos Rodriguez ,

I had the same issue in the past, to solve it I had to reload the MnT (responsible for the OPER) and also the PAN.

Note: I tried to stop/start the Application Server of both MnT and PAN, but this action did not work.

Hope this helps !!!

Hi everyone!!

Yesterday, I restarted the node (PAN) without success, and then I restarted MNT nodes with success. It worked for me. Before the server reload, backup is working correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: