cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to get 'Automatic' device register without NSP ?

n.poongsawad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Anybody pleade hint me config ISE1.2

I need to do separated ssid called on-board. Once non registed device comes in, ISE get sredirect to registering portal. 

I can finish self fill in device register which user need to fill in his MAC manually. And I also finish dual ssid practice as dCloud ISE demo. However I need configure in between of those.

Anyone please give me configures or suggestions

Thank you

Nipat

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Nipat. This is not possible in version 1.2. In version 1.2 you have two options to get the device registration process:

1. DRW (Device Registration Web Auth): But this method cannot be combined with any other authentication methods

2. NSP (Native Supplicant Provisioning): You already knew about this one but it sounds like it is not an option

You can look into upgrading to 1.3 as i believe you will be able to "chain" the CWA and DRW methods with other authentication methods. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this scenario is not possible wit 1.2 , In Release 1.3, if the Automatically register guest devices check box is checked, then the device is automatically added to the endpoint identity group and the guest ID is associated with it automatically.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Nipat. This is not possible in version 1.2. In version 1.2 you have two options to get the device registration process:

1. DRW (Device Registration Web Auth): But this method cannot be combined with any other authentication methods

2. NSP (Native Supplicant Provisioning): You already knew about this one but it sounds like it is not an option

You can look into upgrading to 1.3 as i believe you will be able to "chain" the CWA and DRW methods with other authentication methods. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this scenario is not possible wit 1.2 , In Release 1.3, if the Automatically register guest devices check box is checked, then the device is automatically added to the endpoint identity group and the guest ID is associated with it automatically.